If you’re fond of using multiple layers of cosmetics regularly, using makeup remover is a must. However, you shouldn’t just buy the first one you see. Here are some tips to help you get the right makeup remover for your skin and how you can make the most out of it:
1. Avoid those with alcohol and fragrances. These ingredients may irritate your skin, instead of cleaning it up. Better choose a hypoallergenic one instead.
2. Use the right kind of makeup remover for your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, use the ones that come in liquid or cream form, as running a makeup remover pad across your face might irritate it.
3. Wipe eye makeup off the right way. As you may already know, the skin around the eye is thinner and more delicate than the rest of your face. So if you want to remove that waterproof mascara, don’t try to rub it off your eyelids. First, use a makeup remover specifically made for the eyes, as the one made for your face might be too harsh. Then wet a cotton ball with that makeup remover, put it over the area you want to clean, and leave it there for a minute. Once the makeup is dissolved, you can easily wipe it off.
4. Wash your face after using makeup remover. Some cleansers contain active ingredients that may end up irritating your skin if left behind. So make sure to wash—or at least rinse—your face after wiping off all the makeup.
5. Use makeup remover wipes for freshening up. Yes, you’ve read that right. If you have no time for a shower, but need one since you’re sweaty or covered in dirt, you can use a wipe to clean up temporarily until you get home for a bath.
We’re thrilled to have you back! Let’s get you signed in.