Using the right cleanser in the right way is an important part of anyone’s daily beauty rituals. Here are a few tips and tricks on using cleansers.
1. Use good quality cotton pads with your cleansers. Cotton balls work, but they’re a bit fragile, which sometimes encourages excessive force, which is a definite no-no when it comes to your face.
2. Use the mildest cleanser that’ still effective for your skin. We all have different skin types, so this can take a bit of trial-and-error. You basically want to avoid anything that dries out your skin, as that can lead to a host of issues and leave your skin dull and flaky.
3. Tie your hair away from your face, if needed. You’d be surprised how many spots you’ll miss simply because your hair was blocking them off. Tying your hair back will also allow you better access to the back of your neck.
4. Use clean, lukewarm water to rinse. Hot water can further strip away your skin’s oils, leading to dryness and flaking later on.
5. Less is more! Use as little cleanser as you need – a coin-sized amount or less is usually enough to do the job. While it’s tempting to use a lot, using too much cleanser isn’t just uneconomical, it can actually cause damage to your skin.