With the whole range of lip products today, from classic lipsticks and long-lasting lip tints to simple yet practical lip balms, lip glosses are often overlooked. After all, most people still associate it with their teen years. But when used properly, they can offer your look an irresistible shine in all the right places. Here are 5 tips that you can follow to nail that glossy look for your puckers without looking like an adolescent:
1. Wear it when your lips are dry. The texture of lip gloss conceals cracked lips well, plus many kinds of lip gloss have moisturizing properties.
2. Choose the right hue. You can never go wrong with a sheer bright or dark gloss color, as more opaque shades are hard to keep clean all day. And if your gloss color is too bright for your skin tone, mix it up with clear gloss or even plain petroleum jelly to tone it down a notch.
3. Use it on top of your usual lipstick. If you’re a fan of nude lip colors, a lip gloss adds extra shine to make it stand out and not blend in to the rest of your face. It’s also great for subtly enhancing a boring matte makeup look.
4. Create a dewy look on your cheeks or eyes. Yes, you’ve read that right. Just add a really small dab of lip gloss on your cheekbones and blend it in with your finger. Voila, instant dewy look! The same can be done on your eyelids—though use a clear, wax-based balm as a base first, as lip gloss can get sticky when used alone.
5. Pair it with a bright eyeshadow to create a colored, gel-like eyeliner. Apply the lip gloss on your lash line using a thin liner blush, then put the eyeshadow above it.
We’re thrilled to have you back! Let’s get you signed in.