"Penhaligon’s is a British perfumery established in 1870 by William Penhaligon. Although it began as a barbershop, Penhaligon’s offered Hammam Bouquet, its first fragrance, in 1872. The debut scent was inspired by the neighboring Turkish Bath and its sulfurous steam.\\
Scents were issued regularly from the original shop on Jermyn Street, until it was destroyed in The Blitz of 1941. The shop disappeared, but the fragrances of the company endured.\\
A new Penahligon’s flagship store opened in Covent Gardens in 1975, which also represented a new direction for the company as well. Today, the company maintains its commitment to fine, traditional perfume ingredients and techniques."