Why Skin Tints Are the One Thing You Need This Season
This time of year is all about richness and resplendent glamour, so it’s almost ironic that that the look du jour is barely-there. A clear face that seemingly glows all by itself is the season’s standard for “flawless,” and we’ve got just the hack for it: skin tints.
A skin tint is a cream or liquid makeup base that offers sheer but buildable coverage. It tints and corrects your skin, instead of just covering it all up. Skin tints are designed to be much lighter than regular foundations while still perfecting your skin tone. That means the coverage is breathable and natural-looking, often with a radiant effect made possible by the skincare infused into each formula.
Sound like your cup of tea? Us, too. Strip down to the bare essentials with one of the 5 featherlight formulas below.
1. Pixi H2O Skintint, P1,190 The whole idea is to enhance the natural tone and texture of your skin instead of hiding it under layers of coverage. This gel-based tint does just that! A breathable formula with blemish-battling antioxidants, the H2O Skintint brings your best face forward. Not to mention, it’s infused with English chamomile and lavender to tone down any redness you might experience.
2. VMV Skintangible, P1,075 A primer and tint in one, this fluid formula takes care of evening out your skin, fighting off free radicals, and prepping your face for the rest of your makeup. Whether you decide to wear it alone or layer more makeup over it, this stuff guarantees a natural finish (and a certain je ne se quoi).
3. Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB, P755 True to its name, the Aqua Petit Jelly BB imparts a cooling sensation upon application—perfect for Metro Manila! This multitasking gel hydrates thirsty skin, improves tone and texture, and delivers lightweight coverage.
4. Lioele Water Drop BB SPF 27, on sale at P663 A drop of this do-it-all BB cream goes a long, long way. It sops up oil, soothes redness and irritation, and blurs imperfections. The formula is neither too slick nor too matte, so it is ideal for that dewy (not oily!) look.
5. Olay Day Cream Foundation, P789 This is more moisturizer than foundation, and that’s a good thing if you’re after natural coverage! Made with emollients that combat fine lines and wrinkles, Olay’s tinted Day Cream gives you a healthy glow that goes way beyond the surface.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: