We’re Obsessed with the Milky Pink Manicure
As we reported back in January, pale polishes are a huge trend for 2015. Every big designer from Derek Lam to BCBG to Rachel Zoe turned to light-colored lacquers for their spring shows. But among the sea of pastels at your fingertips, there’s one standout shade you need to try—which, coincidentally, looks gorgeous on every girl.
That super feminine hue you’re drooling over is none other than “milky pink.” At least, that’s what celebrity manicurists are calling it! Steph Stone, who painted Keira Knightley’s nails for the last Critics’ Choice Awards, used a barely-there baby pink by Chanel. Tom Bachik, the man behind Jennifer Aniston’s Oscars 2015 mani, went for a porcelain pink by L’Oréal. Bachik also did Heidi Klum’s nails for the Emmys this year in a matte, milk tea-esque pink. The mega-editors were quick to jump on the trend, too: above, Instagram Fashion Head Eva Chen wears Chantilly Lace, a fresh and delicate summer formula by Hollywood nail goddess Deborah Lippmann.
So…got milk? Our top picks for milky pink nail paint, below! (Guess you know what we’re doing with our downtime for this two-day holiday.)
- Deborah Lippman’s Crème Nail Lacquer in Before He Cheats, P875
- Kleancolor’s Sheer Pastel Pink, part of So Pastel! Nail Lacquer Set, on sale at P500
- Essie’s Fill The Gap Ridge Smoothing Base Coat, P775
- Chanel’s Le Vernis Nail Colour in Frisson, P1,200
- Revlon’s ColorStay Longwear Nail Enamel in Natural Pink, P358
- Knocked Up Nails’ French Pink, on sale at P550
Don’t forget to follow @beautymnl on Instagram! Celeb nail photos: @deborahlippmann, @stephstonenails, @tombachik, @heidiklum. Top photo courtesy of Deborah Lippmann.