Just when you thought your lipstick collection was complete, a new color wills itself into existence—and with a name that tickles the brain! Introducing this month’s beauty buzzword: greige, a portmanteau of gray and beige. Greige represents the ambiguous in-between of the two colors, which makes it neither a bright nor an MLBB. We’d call it a rich, hyper-modern neutral that looks like its been passed through a VSCO filter.
Can you picture it yet? If not, we spotted this anomalous nude on 7 of our favorite faces. Suffice it to say, the sight of their greige lips left us wanting 50 shades more!
1. FHM’s newest muse Jessy Mendiola stuns in a greige lip with a mauve base—equal parts sweet and sultry.
2. Chinita princess Kim Chiu went for a matte greige lip for this ’90s look. We think it brings a whole lotta edge to her feminine ensemble.
3. To complete her all-grunge get-up, Jess Connelly went for a gray-based neutral to match.
4. Even the softest, most understated greige can make a huge statement. Look at Demi Lovato’s!
5. On the greige scale, Sarah Lahbati’s pale lip paint is more beige than gray, but it still effects a look that is far from basic.
6. The same goes for Kylie Jenner! (We love how her greige lip features subtle mauve undertones.)
7. And who rocked the baddest, boldest greige of them all? The magnificent Maxene Magalona, whose lips give us life!
L-R: Pink Sugar Creamy Matte Lipstick in Hot Mess, P349, NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Sandstorm, P460, City Color Creamy Lip Stain in Lavender Drops, P270
Photos via Instagram: @senorita_jessy, @jakegalvez, @jessconnelly, @ddlovato, @sarahlahbati, @makeupbyariel, @maxenemagalona