Now, don’t get us wrong—we love our makeup. But during hell week, we’d rather get in a few more minutes of shut-eye than put on our work face. True story. Still doesn’t change the fact that we have to look presentable on the job—which is how we discovered our absolute favorite makeup shortcut.
Multi-purpose sticks and compacts are godsends for your most slothful days (and you can quote us on that!). Remember the crayons and paint pots you used to mess around with as a little girl? They’re the same, except instead of a Corona sketchbook, the canvas is your face. Every part of it, in fact: these time-savers act as lipsticks, blushers, and even eye shadows at once. You don’t even need a brush for application—just use your fingers! To us, cosmetic finger-painting is pretty much the ultimate in convenience.
Don’t believe us? Try one of our top picks—then tell us how you feel!
1. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge, P1,550 – The iconic multi-tasker! Raspberry is gorgeous on morenas, while Pale Pink gives mestizas a lovely flush.
2. Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Stick Face Colour, P1,350 – It’s marketed as a cheek and face color, but you can use it as a lipstick, too! Just prime your lips with balm before layering on the product.
3. NARS The Multiple, P2,250 – This multi-awarded cream stick is available in Orgasm, NARS’ beloved healthy peach, among other shades.
4. Lioele Pop Tint, on sale at P468 – The color is glossy on your lips and dewy on your cheeks. In particular, we love the naturally rosy effect of Pinky Tint.
5. 3CE Lip Pigment, P795 – Never heard of this Korean cult fave? Seoulites use it on their lips, cheeks, and lids. The trick: dab quickly, blend gently.
Photo of Katie Holmes courtesy of Bobbi Brown
Just so you know, we share cookies