Statement lipstick was all over the 2016 runways—which means we are hitting every corner of the color spectrum. From rich neutrals to unexpected brights, here are our favorite picks for warm(er) weather!
1. e.l.f. Essential Lipstick in Fearless, P140 Any Swifty will tell you that red is the statement lip—and just like every summer, it’s a beauty junkie staple. Brave the heat with a slick of Fearless, a red streaked with flattering orange undertones.
2. Wet n’ Wild Mega Last Lip Color in Mocha-Licious, P299 Dark lipstick used to be a beauty faux pas for summer, but we highly encourage you to break the rules with a good-looking brown. Mocha-Licious is a rich plummy brown with a matte finish. See it on a person and tell us you wouldn’t want to wear this baby all year-round!
3. Chanel Rouge Allure in Coco, P1,750 Wary of rocking a too-bright tint? Coco will ease you right in. It might look traffic-cone orange in the tube, but the satin finish tones it down to a soft peach on the lips that can be worn from sunup to sundown.
4. Banila Co. The Kissest Lip Lacquer in Hongdae Pink, P675 Summer is the time to experiment with color, and Hongdae Pink is totally worth the risk. Named for the artsy university district in Seoul, this fun-loving fuchsia is not your typical pink. Apply it lightly as a stain or lay it on thick for an opaque pout.
5. Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Sultry, P575 Sultry is a gorgeous mauve that feels like butter on the lips. It deepens your natural lip color to a flattering rose shade and complements the entire spectrum of skin tones.
6. NARS Sheer Lipstick in Roman Holiday, P1,450 What we love most about Roman Holiday is that it is ultra-feminine but also modern and graphic. It’s a mod-inspired hot pink that we can see both Audrey Hepburn and Gwen Stefani wearing!
7. City Color Creamy Lip Stain in Tequilla Sunrise, P270 ! Nothing commemorates the season like a crazy-cool coral! We recommend Tequilla Sunrise to see you through every summer soirée. It’ll stay put even when the party gets a little too rowdy!
8. Pink Sugar Creamy Matte Lipstick in Sangria, P349 We love this deep berry shade because it has the same effect on the lips as a big glass of wine. Sangria boasts of intense color payoff and extra staying power—just remember to swipe on some balm beforehand! See the swatch here.
9. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo, P390 Monte Carlo is a lively, blue-based red that will give your tank and jeans a little mystique. To wear it without looking overdone, tone down the rest of the face with no-makeup makeup.
10. Pili Lipstick in Latte, on sale at P605 Latte has been described as a beautiful MLBB shade that will transport you from the work week to the weekend and beyond. A lovely peachy-nude enriched with pili and elemi oils, this lipstick will enhance your summer beauty from the inside out.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: The Bold Lip Challenge: 7 Days, 7 Lipsticks
Just so you know, we share cookies