If you’re still basking in the afterglow of your carefree college years, anti-aging skincare may be the farthest thing from your mind. Your 20-something complexion is supposed to be low-maintenance, with fewer breakouts (ideally!) and lots of glow-y bounciness still to spare.
That may be true, but our post-20’s skin is a different story. With age comes wrinkles, fine lines, dryness—and that’s barely scratching the surface. If you skip skincare in your 20’s, you risk saddling yourself with rapidly aging skin when you hit 30. See, when it comes to anti-aging, it’s all about thinking ahead. To keep your skin at peak health in your 30’s and beyond, you gotta start taking care of it today. That means making sure it’s getting all the nourishment it needs, and phase one is finding all the essentials that will give it that boost.
Below, we list the 7 anti-aging skincare products you should use if you want to age as gracefully as possible. Oh, and P.S.: don’t forget to sweep these down your neck and décolletage, too!
THE 7 ESSENTIAL SKINCARE PRODUCTS FOR ANTI-AGING
1. MOISTURIZER WHY YOU NEED IT: Between constant exposure to UV rays, pollution, and other factors, your moisture barrier’s going to take a hit as you age. This leads to dry, lackluster skin prone to rapid aging. Your first line of defense should be a moisturizer infused with powerful antioxidants, vitamins, and other deeply hydrating properties that can nourish your skin in a single layer.
WE LOVE: CosRX Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream, P1,100, Kiehl’s Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Cream, P3,145, Banila Co. White Wedding Dream Cream, P1,495, Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Cream, P945, Dear Klairs Soothing Cream, P1,139
2. SUN PROTECTION WHY YOU NEED IT: By now, we’re sure you know that SPF doesn’t just protect you from sunburns. It also safeguards your skin against the harmful effects of UV rays, including all the early signs of aging you’re trying to swerve. Here’s a pro-tip: for best results, shoot for SPF30 or higher!
WE LOVE: Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF50+, P397, Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily UV Defense Sunscreen, P1,995, VMV Hypoallergenics Armada Face Cover 30, P920, Innisfree Perfect UV Protection Cream Triple Care SPF50+, P618
3. EYE CREAM WHY YOU NEED IT: While good facial moisturizers provide plenty of nutrients, these simply won’t be enough for your delicate eye area. Certain blends may even run the risk of irritating your eyes. Enter treatment in the form of eye creams: not only are they much more potent, they’re also specially formulated to take care of your eye skin.
WE LOVE: Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream, P2,250, Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, P1,725, Esfolio Black Caviar Eye Patch, P999, The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG, P650, V&M Naturals Wrinkle Revenge, P580
4. SERUM WHY YOU NEED IT: Thanks to their hyper-concentrated nature, serums target pesky skin issues with maximum efficiency. They absorb quickly, deliver quick results, and transform your complexion in record time. For eternal youth, opt for serums with ingredients that stimulate skin cell turnover, boost moisture retention, and gently slough away dead skin. Be on the lookout for niacinamide, vitamin C, retinol, and glycolic acid—they’re anti-aging superstars!
WE LOVE: Dear Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop, P1,570, Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence, P900, The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, P740, Dear Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin C Serum, P1,200
5. EXFOLIATOR WHY YOU NEED IT: Not only does regular exfoliation unclog pores, banish dead cells, and brighten your skin, it also helps stimulate collagen production in the long run. Collagen is essential for skin elasticity and radiance, but your body’s reserves of the protein become depleted as you age. By exfoliating, you’re giving your skin that push to produce more of that glow-giving stuff.
WE LOVE: CosRX BHA Skin Returning A-Sol, P850, Banila Co. Hi Bye Vita-Peel Clear Pad, P950, Neogen Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Wine, P1,100, Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask, P560, Pixi Glow Tonic, P1,790
6. NIGHT CREAM WHY YOU NEED IT: You’re gonna be hearing this a lot where anti-aging hacks are concerned, so take it to heart: the key to youthful skin is staying hydrated. Think of night creams as moisturizers on overdrive. They tend to be thicker, absorbing into your skin as you sleep. They also work in tandem with your skin’s nighttime regeneration processes, so you wake up with skin that truly feels like its had its fill of moisture.
WE LOVE: Tiam Vitamin Sleep 9 to 5 Crema, P950, Human Nature Night Moisturizer With Jojoba, P300, Huxley The Anti-Gravity Cream, P1,304
7. BODY LOTION WHY YOU NEED IT: For that head-to-toe youthful glow, don’t forget to give your body some TLC, too! Body care tends to fall by the wayside when we talk skincare, but a trusty lotion really does do wonders for skin suppleness. We expose our limbs to all the same flake-inducing elements as our face, so we gotta make sure it stays just as moisturized. And besides, who wouldn’t want baby skin all over?
WE LOVE: V&M Naturals Bare It All Non-Minty, P402, Human Nature Berry Bliss 100% Natural Body Butter, P300, Kala Milk Lotion, P425, Jergens Age Defying Multi-Vitamin Moisturizer, P395, Nivea Intensive Moisture Body Milk, P255
Who says you need a fountain of youth to look young forever?
For more cool stories and members-only perks, sign up for BeautyMNL!
Like us on Facebook.
Follow us on Instagram (@beautymnl).
Tweet us on Twitter (@beauty_MNL).
Watch us on YouTube.
The BeautyMNL App is also available for iOS and Android! For Apple devices, download it on mobile here. For Android devices, download it on mobile here. Stay tuned for updates and app exclusive promos!