8 Ways to Wear the Daytime Smoky Eye
The smoky eye makes most of its appearances during cocktail hour, when itty-bitty dresses and sky-high stilettos reign. Wearing it to work was once considered a faux pas—but not in this exciting new age! For the -ber months, try the daytime smoky eye, a softened version of the dusky lids you’ve seen ~at the club~. This eye-catching update incorporates new colors and techniques that are great for the -ber months. See proof on 8 stars, straightaway!
1. The perfect example: Solenn Heussaff. We give this marriage of taupe shadow and rosy cheeks an A+!
COP THE LOOK: L’Oréal Paris La Palette Nudes, P800
2. To enhance her doe eyes, Pia Wurtzbach dusted a flesh-toned shadow over her entire lid.
COP THE LOOK: Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eye Shadow Palette, P675
4. We are loving Kelsey Merritt’s smoked-out feline flick! To make it daytime-appropriate, she offset the look with a powder pink lip.
COP THE LOOK: Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life in Smokin’ Hot, P1,240
5. Bea Soriano went the retro route with shades of autumn. A medium brown lip like hers does wonders for the smoky look.
COP THE LOOK: Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Palette in Rich Gold, P620
6. Kim Jones smudged shades of copper all over her lids and along her lower lash line. The touch of bronzer keeps things beautifully neutral.
COP THE LOOK: Pink Sugar Eye Candy Eyeshadow Palette in Eye Candy 2, P699
7. As shown by Catriona Gray, a smoky eye can still look natural when balanced out by a strobed cheek.
COP THE LOOK: City Color Natural Shadow Palette, P395
8. Juliana Gomez plays up her eyes with warm shadows for extra oomph. It doesn’t look like she’s wearing piles of makeup, and we love it!