8 Highlighters & Illuminators for Glowing Summer Skin
Allow us to officially welcome you to the start of summer, when beauty is all but synonymous to luminous skin. This time of year, we switch from heavy contouring to something a little more beach-friendly—whether or not we’re spending our days under the sun. That’s strobing, or highlighting the points of your face that catch light in order to cheat a lit-from-within-look.
All you need is quality product! Here are some of our favorite highlighters and illuminators for the season. Use ‘em over bare skin or as the finishing touch to your makeup for that irresistible summer glow.
1. NARS’ Illuminator in Orgasm, P1,750 Inspired by the cult NARS blush of the same name, Orgasm is a peach-hued cream infused with golden shimmer. It makes pale skin light up and adds warmth to deeper complexions. Without question, this is a shade that looks good on everybody.
2. Missha’s Mineral Ball Powder #2, on sale at P1,424 This little number will do more than dress up your vanity. The Mineral Ball Powder trails champagne over the high points of your face to imply a spontaneous beach getaway. The metallic balls contain Brazil nut oil and white birch fluid for skin-friendly radiance.
3. Pop Beauty’s Bronze Beam, on sale at P525 Is it a blush, a bronzer, or a highlighter? The answer: all of the above! Simply swirl all the colors together and dust gently over your skin. The result: a luminescence no summer girl can resist. Bronze Beam, indeed!
4. Bobbi Brown’s Shimmer Brick Compact in Bronze, P2,650 For the full VS Angel effect, pick up this Bobbi Brown compact. The pearlescent powders create a soft halo of light over any face. We love the shade Bronze, which will make you glow ethereal in no time at all.
5. Revlon’s Face Illuminator in Bare Light, P825 Consider Bare Light your secret to perfect selfies. A cream formula with light-diffusing flecks, this illuminator creates a dewy sheen over your skin. Dab it over your cheekbones and in the inner corners of your eyes for #NoFilter perfection.
6. L.A. Colors’ 3D Blush in Honey Bun, P299 For multi-dimensional makeup that looks convincingly like real skin, get yourself one of these! Honey Bun is a triple-threat that strobes, contours, and adds just-gymed color to your cheeks. Sweet ‘n’ healthy!
7. Pink Sugar’s Sweet Cheeks HD Cheek Color in Sin City, P499 Named for glittering Las Vegas, Sin City delivers a stunning, light-bouncing effect to the high planes of your face. It’s formulated with aloe vera and vitamins A, C, and E, so your skin glows from the inside-out.
8. Michael Kors’ Liquid Shimmer Dry Oil Spray, P4,015 Don’t neglect your body when you strobe for summer! The Liquid Shimmer Dry Oil Spray is worth considering if you want to achieve an all-over glow. Spritz it over your shoulders and décolletage—the shimmer oil will make you glisten without any greasy residue.