Show of hands: who thinks rising temps make moisturizer a pain to put on? That would be…yup, all of us. When it’s hot and humid out, your regular face cream tends to sit on top of your skin, which diffuses makeup into a greasy disaster and irritates your whole face. Ugh!
Before you throw in the towel on summer hydration altogether, consider a formula swap. Gel moisturizers are a lightweight alternative that deliver the same deep-reaching hydration as creams—minus the melting feeling. Gels are water-based, which means they absorb faster than traditional thick moisturizers without skimping on the good stuff. Sound promising? Here are six to get you through this Saharan summer!
1. Aromatica Sea Daffodil Aqua Gel Cream, P1,250 This gel-cream hits you with a hydrating one-two-punch of aloe vera and hyaluronic acid. Meanwhile, its hero ingredient, sea daffodil extract, remedies the darkening effects of sun exposure.
2. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel, P855 You won’t get greasy with this gel moisturizer. Its formula is also powered by hyaluronic acid, which can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water. All you need to know about that is that it keeps your skin soft and supple.
3. Nelly De Vuyst Oily Skin Gel-Cream, P2,434 Infused with lemon, vitamin E, and witch hazel, this comfortable gel-cream neutralizes unwanted shine. If you struggle with an oily T-zone (or oily everything), you can trust this NDV formula to hydrate your skin without triggering the sebum.
4. Pond’s Dewy Rose Gel, P399 With its illuminating rose petal extracts, this gel makes a great alternative to a day cream. It’s lightweight, dewy, and cool on the skin—the perfect complement to a warm summer day.
5. Céleteque Dermoscience Anti-Wrinkle Collagen Gel, P799 Pumped full of collagen and soya bean protein, this anti-aging gel makes a hard-working night cream. It sinks right into the face to diminish fine lines and wrinkles, promising visible results in only four weeks.
6. Tony Moly Pure Eco Snail Moisture Gel, P548 With its 90 percent snail mucin content, you’d expect this gel to weigh heavy on your face—but it doesn’t! It absorbs completely within seconds, no sticky or slimy feeling. A multi-purpose product, this hydrator can also fade dark spots, soften fine lines, and keep acne at bay.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS: Why Your Moisturizer Is Making You Break Out