This year is the year we revisit an old hair favorite—and it looks much better than we remember. We’re talking about the center part, a classic style for both long and short locks. Owing largely to the entire Kardashian-Jenner clan, who’ve made a strong case for “hating-gitna” hair, this clean-cut look has infiltrated even the most stalwart supporters of sideswept styles.
The biggest reason behind our newfound love for center-parted hair? It’s so easy to do. Plus, it works for everything—work, dates, even fancy events, like your best friend’s wedding! Below, find 16 different ways to rock it, as demonstrated by the stars.
1. Slick down your center part with wax to draw attention to it, like Kourtney Kardashian.
2. Add a spritz of this stuff to make your hair look Liza Soberano-shiny.
3. For perfectly tousled hair à la Anne Curtis, use a smoothing creme before parting your hair.
5. Maintain a really good blowout like Gigi Hadid by using a hair primer with staying power.
6. Loose waves offset the severity of a middle part. For proof, see Coleen Garcia!
7. Breathe life into your lob like Kate Bosworth with the help of a magic (curling) wand.
8. And if you’re trying a DIY blowdry, try this amazing quick-dry spray. You could look as good as J.Lo in half the heating time!
9. Georgina Wilson pulls off pin-straight hair like a pro. To emphasize that center part, run a straightening iron through your tresses.
10. Hating-gitna doesn’t have to look harsh. Erich Gonzales parts just the front of her fringe for a soft, romantic updo.
11. Kylie Jenner’s got so much bounce! It helps when you have a really awesome hairbrush to use alongside your blowdryer.
12. If you’re growing out dyed hair like Clinique girl Irene Kim, the center part is extra forgiving.
13. A split-down-the-middle style that skims the shoulders exudes cool. Just look at Jess Connelly!
14. Heart Evangelista serves up the sweetest center-parted pony ever by adding curls.
15. Khloé Kardashian adds a twist to her pony by accessorizing with bobby pins.
16. Finally, we’ve got to give props to Kim Jones for keepin’ it classy. Her neat, symmetrical bun is the epitome of no frills, maximum thrills. The secret: lots and lots of gel.
Photos via Instagram: @kourtneykardash, @santiagoraymond (1, 2, 3), @lizasoberano, @liuwenlw, @gigihadid, @katebosworth, @coleengarcia, @jlo, @kyliejenner, @ireneisgood, @jessconnelly, @tingduque, @cesar4styles, @kimcamjones