Like any beauty-obsessed gal, we know the basics of skincare like the backs of our hands. But since we vowed to learn something new in 2016, we’ve decided to pep up our 2016 routines with a few extra hard-working steps. Sure, there’s more effort involved, but we see it as an investment that will eventually make our skin picture-perfect!
Now, we love our moisturizer just as much as the next junkie, but some skin problems can only be solved by specialty products. Clogged pores? Clay masks are the way to go. Skin as dry as the Sahara? Slap on a sleeping pack for an I-woke-up-like-this glow. And the list goes on! So this year, we invite you to go beyond the basics with 10 skin-sational treats, below. You’ll look back on this list one fine day in 2017, and your skin will thank us!
A TARGETED SERUM
1. Beautique UP&UP Skin Lifting Serum, P640 Apparently, this makes wrinkles fade in a matter of seconds. A highly concentrated formula of hyaluronic acid, dynalift, and trehalose penetrates the skin surface to plump up fine lines and visibly lift the face. More info here.
2. It’s Skin Power 10 Formula VB Effector, now on sale at P685 Formulated with Vitamin B6, this Korean essence controls sebum production and restores your skin’s natural moisture balance. Translation: less oil, and a glowing matte complexion. More info here.
AN ANTI-AGING EYE CREAM
3. My Prime Weightless Eye Cream, now on sale at P1,320 Crow’s feet can surface even at the peak of youth! An anti-aging blend like My Prime’s Weightless Eye Cream can relieve tiredness and reduce fine lines for a more youthful, wide-awake visage. More info here.
4. Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream, now on sale at P252 Formulated with 80% of miracle snail slime, this eye cream’s myriad benefits include faster skin regeneration, decreased hyper-pigmentation, and moisture retention for softer, more supple skin. More info here.
AN INDULGENT FACE MASK
5. Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask, P899 This award-winning combination of Jeju Island volcanic clay and AHA elements reaches deep down in to your pores to clear out any residue. It’s the perfect indulgence after a long day of wearing makeup! More info here.
6. Fresh Rose Face Mask, P3,050 The créme de la créme of masks, this decadent blend contains pure rosewater and real rose petals to soothe inflammation, boost radiance, and restore suppleness. The way this stuff melts into the basically renders it a spa day in tub form. More info here.
A GENTLE PEELING GEL
7. Tony Moly Magic Food Banana Peeling Cream, P598 Want a more luminous complexion? Make exfoliation by way of peels your new religion. This top-rated cream melts away dead skin cells to reveal a brighter complexion. Even better news? It’s gentle enough for sensitive skin. More info here.
8. Clarins Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream, P2,365 If you’re pressed for time, this quick fix takes only takes a minute to work its brightening magic. The way it lifts away unwanted dirt makes it ideal for the night before a big event. More info here.
AN OVERNIGHT SLEEPING PACK
9. Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX, P1,375 Think of this gel formula as a night cream on steroids. It hydrates and strengthens your moisture barrier overnight, so you can wake up with a healthy, happy glow. More info here.
10. Leaders InSolution Double Effect AC-Free, P78 New to the concept of sleeping packs? Test the waters with this affordable option. The two-step mask involves with a gentle peeling gel followed by a sleeping pack for double the benefits. More info here.