There are two kinds of girls in this world: those who can pull off orange lipstick, and those who think they can’t. We at BeautyMNL are all about the statement lip, and we feel like this citrusy shade doesn’t get the love it deserves! In our eyes, it’s wearable—as long as you find your perfect match.
Sifting through a melange of tangerines, blood oranges, and Twin Popsies lookalikes can suck all the juice out of you (pun intended). So, we’ve just gone ahead and done all the legwork! Feast your eyes on 10 of the most flattering orange lipsticks we’ve seen so far. Remember, YOLO!
1. L’Oréal Paris’ Moist Matte Lipstick in C511 Orange Power, P400 Orange Power is a deep orange that’ll pair nicely with minimal makeup and luscious lashes. It goes on vibrant with a super cool formula that coats your lips in jojoba oil before turning matte.
2. Chanel’s Rouge Coco Crème Lipstick in Coco, P1,750 Coco is a soft orange with golden flecks in it. It glides on sheer with a satin finish and a scent that smells kind of like roses. Definitely a subtle option to the other tubes on this list, it can be worn from sunup to sundown by anyone who wants to ease themselves into the orange trend.
3. Lioele’s Lip Color Stick in Jessie, P280 Jessie paints on a plush, true-orange lip reminiscent of any given K-Pop star. It certainly demands attention but is strangely sweet at the same time. We love that it comes in a jumbo crayon design so you can fill in your lips with ease.
4. Pink Sugar’s HD Lipstick in Instinct, P299 Instinct is a punchy orange-red that will boost your complexion and confidence at once. Take it from a girl who tried it on!
5. Tory Burch’s Lip Colour in Smack Dab, 1,700 Smack Dab is perfect for when you want to leave a lasting impression (and it doesn’t hurt that the tube is so pretty). This vivacious vermillion is equal parts red- and blue-based, so it’ll complement close to all skin tones without making your teeth look yellow.
6. Maybelline’s Rebel Bouquet Lipstick in REB05, P299 REB05 is a poppy matte orange infused with honey nectar and formulated for insane color payoff. The honey nectar will make your lips feel smooth whenever you wear it, and the richness of the shade is ideal for overlining (assuming you want to do that).
7. L’Oréal Paris’ L’Extraordinaire Matte in V104 Versailles Orange, P450 The color in the tube might look loud at first glance, but trust us—Versailles Orange is totally wearable. It’s a blood orange that doesn’t stray too far from red, and if you would like it to be sheerer, just blot!
8. Revlon’s Super Matte Lustrous Lipstick in Fiery Sunset, P350 Fiery Sunset is a sweet, summery orange that warms up sallow skin. The luxuriously light, matte formula is non-drying and actually takes a while to fade. Complement the color with bronze-dusted cheeks—you’ll look like you’re fresh off the boat from St. Barth’s.
9. Maybelline’s Bold Matte Lipstick in MAT3, P299 MAT3 is the kind of soda pop orange that exudes cool-girl chic in a slick. The dense color dries matte and feels super creamy on the lips. This is the orange you should wear to drinks out with the girls—no touch-ups necessary.
10. City Color’s City Chic Lipstick in Always Ready, P225 Always Ready is the safest orange of this entire bunch, perfect for girls who prefer understated lippies to loud ones. It’s got pink undertones that neutralize the shot of orange—meaning, it’s still a bright shade, but it won’t overpower your face.
MORE LIPSTICK LISTS:
Just so you know, we share cookies