When classic nude just won’t cut it and vampy red seems much too loud, we paint our lips romantic with mauve. It’s the lovechild of our favorite feminine hues, and that’s what makes it so exciting! Is it a dusty rose, a baby plum, or a pinkish red? All of the above, we feel.
It’s not quite a bold color—more a dramatic MLBB shade that simply deepens the natural pink of your lips. That is precisely what makes it so versatile, and such an object of affection. Behold, 10 mauve lipsticks for any given occasion!
1. NARS’ Audacious Lipstick in Anna, P1,650 Cult-fave Anna is a deep, floral pink with a semi-matte finish. It’s definitely on the vibrant end of the mauve shade spectrum, which we love. If you’re wondering if it’s worth the splurge, just Google it (and prepare yourself for all the fangirling).
2. Maybelline’s Color Sensational Lasting Lipcolor in 235 Warm Me Up, P299 Warm Me Up is a sheer mauve pink with just enough shine to make your lips plump up. Wear it during the daytime for a subtle pop of color, but build the color intensity for dinner and drinks.
3. City Color’s Matte to Gloss Lipstick in Mauve Dazzle, P305 A mauve that’s more purple than pink and certainly pigmented, Mauve Dazzle will punch up your pucker in two coats.
4. Revlon’s ColorBurst Lipstick in Mauve, on sale at P518 Mauve is a pretty rose that looks pink on deep skin and has an MLBB effect on fair skin. It’s got moisturizing properties aplenty, so you can expect the benefits of a balm on top of a lipstick’s lasting power.
5. Wet n’ Wild’s Megaslicks Balm Stain in Rico Mauve, P269 This isn’t as dark as it seems—in fact, Rico Mauve is more of a tinted lip balm than a full-coverage lipstick. It’ll leave your pout with a soft ‘n’ rosy sheen.
6. Bobbi Brown’s Rich Lip Color in Plum Rose, on sale at P1,250 The hint of purple in Plum Rose makes it deeper than the average mauve. We’d describe it as a hue that won’t go unnoticed but can still be worn every single day.
7. Lioele’s Dollish Lipstick in 09 Bordeaux Wine, P550 Don’t let the name fool you: Bordeaux Wine is more pink than you’d think! It starts off as a sheer pinky-rose but a second coat will give you the full mauve treatment.
8. Revlon’s ColorBurst Matte Balm in Sultry, P575 Say hello to Sultry, a drugstore beauty steal that has all the qualities of an upscale lippie. It’s no wonder this is a favorite among the beautirati! The best part is that it dries matte but won’t desiccate your lips, even without balm underneath.
9. NARS’ Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Never Say Never, P1,450 Never Say Never is a lovely lilac rose that will refresh your complexion in a wink. We love the fact that it’s packaged as a jumbo crayon for your convenience.
10. Pink Sugar’s Creamy Matte Lipstick in Desire, P349 The girls at the BeautyMNL office fell head over heels with Desire last year. Why? Because it looks good—no, gorgeous—on every skin tone. Read that story here!
MORE LIPSTICK LISTS:
Just so you know, we share cookies