Summer is such a tricky season for beauty girls. We crave that elusive summer glow—that ultra-strobed radiance—but under the blazing hot sun, it’s hard to see the good in thick layers of makeup.
Good news! There’s a way to simplify your beauty routine while still getting that lit-from-within look—and that’s an illuminating makeup base. Slip it underneath your foundation as a primer or use it solo like a CC cream, and you won’t have to highlight (swear!). We’ve rounded up 10 for you to try:
1. Dear Klairs Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream, P995 This BB only comes in one shade, but don’t let that scare you. The self-adjusting pigments adapt to your skin tone for a natural finish, and the sheer, radiant coverage will definitely get you glowing. Use alone.
2. COSRX Make Me Lovely Cream, P800
This dewy radiance cream will make your skin look like honey. It falls somewhere between a BB cream and a CC cream—light coverage, lightweight feel, and quite illuminating. Upon application, your skin will instantly seem brighter, smoother, and more hydrated. Use alone or under foundation.
3. Banila Co. White Wedding Dream Cream, P1,345 This feels like a moisturizer but looks like a full-face highlighter when applied! That’s because it contains light-reflecting particles that luminize your skin on the spot. The vitamin C and niacinamide in the formula will also brighten your skin over an extended period of time. Use under foundation.
4. Chanel CC Cream Complete Correction SPF50, P2,950 Don’t expect a lot of coverage from this mostly sheer Chanel number. It’s designed to improve sallowness, redness, or uneven tone by illuminating the skin rather than covering it up. Have we mentioned the seriously amazing SPF content? Use alone or under foundation.
5. Holika Holika Face 2 Change CC Cream, P855 This starts off with a Casper-white cast but sinks into your skin as soon as it is spread. By smoothing over fine lines, filling large pores, and enhancing lackluster skin with microcapsules, this CC cream will perfect your face like an Instagram filter. Use alone or under foundation.
6. Mizon Snow White Cream, on sale at 1,215 Enriched with vitamin C and lemon extracts, this brightening cream lifts pigmentation from the surface of the skin. Make it your substitute moisturizer on days when the goal is to look super-strobed. Use under foundation.
7. Revlon Absolute Radiance CC Cream SPF30, P795 This little wonder whittles down your base makeup to a single step. The luminous coverage fine-tunes uneven skin tone, diminishes fine lines and glaring pores, and offers broad-spectrum SPF. Use alone.
8. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (Radiance), P1,650 A pearlescent primer will easily elevate your everyday makeup. This Laura Mercier primer grew a cult following for the way it wakes up tired, graying complexions. On good skin days, just wear it on its own—it contains vitamins A, C, and E to make your skin look brilliant. Use under foundation.
9. Tony Moly BCDation All Master SPF30 PA++, P1,198 Allow us to decode the weird product name: BCDation is a BB cream, CC cream, and foundation at once. If you’re a lazy girl at heart and hate layering products, slather on this hard-working, radiant-boosting balm. Use alone.
10. VMV Hypoallergenics Illuminants+ Cream, P2,830 Pumped with glycolic acid, vitamin C complex, and bearberry leaf, this cream is a potent anti-ager that can be applied at any time of the day. It’s skincare, mind you, so don’t expect any tint—but its hydrating power will certainly leave your skin brighter than before. Use under foundation.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: