One irresistible color has recently kissed the lips of the beautirati, and it goes by the name of greige. A portmanteau of “gray” and “beige,” this blended hue has the kind of impact that is rare—super subtle and super statement-making at once. It doesn’t always be a nude; sometimes it’s brownish, sometimes mauve-esque. And while it always has a gray undertone, greige will make you look like a quintessential cool girl rather than a corpse. Below are 10 examples.
1. Pink Sugar Creamy Matte Lipstick in Hot Mess, P349
Hot Mess is a muted browny mauve that makes your natural lip color look sexier. This is definitely what we’d call the MLBB version of greige.
2. City Color Creamy Lip Stain in Lavender Drops, P270
Rocking a grayish, nudish lipstick isn’t as niche as you might think. Lavender Drops has a touch of lilac in it that makes it very wearable.
3. NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Sandstorm, P460
Let Sandstorm kick up the dust in your color collection! What looks brown in the tube translates into a desert taupe on the lips. Definitely a flatterer of all skin tones.
4. Pink Sugar Lip & Cheek Tint in Naughty Nude, P349
Naughty Nude is best described as a neutral with attitude. This dusty beige will take your work look from ordinary to extraordinary—and all it took was a touch of gray.
5. DETAIL Matte In Detail Liquid Lipstick in D5 Loth, P225
Loth distributes a rusted iron shade over your kisser. It’s an eclectic mix of warm brown and cool gray that is so 2016. See the swatch!
6. L’Oréal Paris Infallible 10HR Lipstick in Tender Berry, P500
A perfect blend of mauve and beige, Tender Berry is probably the girliest greige on this list. The moisturizing, demi-matte formula is something to look forward to as well.
7. Maybelline Creamy Matte Brown Nude Lipstick in Clay Crush, P299
If you think Clay Crush is your run-of-the-mill neutral, you’d be mistaken. It’s a minimalist taupe with a stonewashed vibe to it, and it’ll easily stand in for your regular nude.
8. NYX Full Throttle Lipstick in Sidekick, P460
Sidekick is a tawny beige seemingly laced with precious earth metals. But don’t be intimidated by its greige-goddess status: the color passes for “office-friendly” thanks to its peach undertones.
9. Wet N’ Wild Mega Last Lip Color in Sand Storm, P299
Talk about a popular name! This Sand Storm is a copper with a stony edge, and another universally flattering hue. See what it looks like on an actual person here.
10. Pop Beauty Matte Velvet Lipstix in Novel Nude, P790
Novel Nude is neither beige nor light pink, but rather, a product of the nebulous in-between. A blushing pastel greige, this tube boasts the longevity of a matte with a dash of crystalline sheen for dimension.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Just so you know, we share cookies