While crimped hair and platform sneakers à la Baby Spice might never again see the light of day, we’re happy to note that the brown lip is back. It’s a favorite with Rihanna, a mainstay in the Kylie Lip Kit, and was just seen on the runways of Givenchy and Burberry Prorsum. Never dabbled in earth-toned lips before? We bet you’ll fall head over heels once you find your shade. Here are 10 of our favorite tubes!
1. Laura Mercier’s Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Sienna, P1,250 Sienna is part-brown, part-burgundy, and completely vampy. Envelop your lips in this luxurious color for an evening of dining and dancing—no amount of fun will wear this lippie out!
2. Bobbi Brown’s Lip Color in Brown, P1,400 Brown boasts of a silky-smooth finish that’ll leave your lips noticeably softer. In the tube, it resembles hot chocolate: a dense bullet of dark caramelized color. But when you swipe it on, it looks really natural—like you didn’t even try.
3. Wet N’ Wild’s Mega Last Lip Color in Mocha-Licious Mocha-Licious has all the qualities of a sultry lipstick. It’s a dramatic plummy brown with lasting wear, intense color payoff, and an instant look-at-me effect. See it on one of the girls at the BeautyMNL office, right here!
4. OFRA’s Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Mocha, P850
The pink undertones in Mocha make it a more romantic version of typical brown. Depending on your skin tone, it falls somewhere between a dusky mauve and a rosy brown. We really appreciate how the color glides on with ease but resists any sort of transfer from your lips.
5. L’Oréal Paris’ Color Riche Glossy Balm in 200 Lovely Mocha, on sale at P375 Put off by too much drama? Ease into the brown trend with Lovely Mocha, a soft sienna shade. One swipe will tint your lips a deep but subtle nude. When you feel brave enough, build up the color for more impact!
6. L.A. Colors’ Purely Matte Lipstick in Dark Brown, P119
If there’s a shade that guarantees instant cool, it’s Dark Brown. This shade is as intense as brown gets—but don’t let the rich hue scare you away! It’s got warm undertones flatters most (if not all) skin tones.
7. Tory Burch’s Lip Colour in Knock On Wood, P1,700 A rustic brown reminiscent of terracotta, Knock On Wood is a creamy, satin-finish lipstick with good staying power. What we love most is that you can wear it sheer or opaque—just layer, layer, layer.
8. Revlon’s Ultra HD Lipstick in Snapdragon, P625 Snapdragon is a semi-glossy brownish nude. On medium to deep skin tones, it shows up as an MLBB shade, but on fair skin, it’s looks like warm cocoa.
9. POP Beauty’s Stain Stay in Mocha Must, on sale at P553
If you’re after a barely-there brown, Mocha Must is a must-have! It’s a lip stain, so it delivers a just-bitten effect rather than a fully-pigmented one. We’d describe the unexpected color as the older sister of the girl next door: effortless, chic, and sexy.
10. Wet N’ Wild’s Megaslicks Balm Stain in Caffeine Fix, P299 Caffeine Fix is another lip stain, and unlike real coffee, it has a hydrating (not desiccating) effect. This light toffee applies sheer and dewy—we’d even venture to say that it’s the perfect summer brown!
MORE LIPSTICK LISTS:
Just so you know, we share cookies