When it comes down to red lipstick, you go big or go home—there is no in-between. The color has commanded attention since it first hit the silver screen, and the only way to wear it is with complete and utter confidence.
In this case, confidence starts with finding the right shade of red for you. We’ve put together a list of 10—because, you know, you can never have enough of a good thing. Scroll down to see!
1. Elizabeth Arden’s Beautiful Color Lipstick in Red Door Red, P1,540 Consider this your “gateway red.” Red Door Red is sheer and shimmery, so it’s not too intimidating—but it still has the same verve as full-coverage crimson. On top of that, the formula contains Volulip for subtle plumping action that lasts up to twelve hours.
2. Maybelline’s Creamy Matte in Siren In Scarlet, on sale at P199 Siren In Scarlet is a classic pink-based red reminiscent of a ’50s movie star. Application is a cinch, and one swipe will be enough to coated your lips in pigment.
3. Chanel’s Rouge Allure in Pirate, P1,650 A lipstick as legendary as Pirate needs no explanation, but we’ll do it for you anyway! It’s a beautiful blue-toned red that flatters all skin tones. Glide it over your lips once for a soft wash of color—twice to make your pout pop!
4. Laura Mercier’s Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Hollywood, P1,250 If you’re after a true blue-red, Hollywood’s the tube for you. The name suggests vintage glamour, but the pigment actually looks very modern when paired with minimal makeup.
5. OFRA’s Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Atlantic City, P850 This is a liquid lipstick, so it’s not your average—but it is as timeless as they come. Atlantic City houses a Ferrari-red stain that dries to a velvet-matte finish. You get hours upon hours of feather-free wear with just a few coats!
6. NYX’s Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Snow White, P260 Snow White is a candy-apple red that you can wear year-round, but the hint of orange in it means it’s the perfect summer catch. We love the smooth glide, potent pigment, and melted-butter feel.
7. Pink Sugar’s HD Lipstick in Rebel, P299 A dramatic cherry red with a creamy finish, Rebel is equal parts playful and vampy. See it on an actual person here!
8. Pixi’s Mattelustre Lipstick in Raspberry Blush, P630 Raspberry Blush is a pink-red that verges on magenta in certain lighting. For us, it’s neither too red nor too pink—it’s just right! Unlike most mattes, this bullet is infused with peptides, hyaluronic acid, and vitamins C and E to keep it from drying out your lips.
9. Wet N’ Wild’s Mega Last Lip Color in Stoplight Red, P299 Stoplight Red and MAC Ruby Woo could totally be twins. Look!
10. Lancôme’s L’Absolu Velours in 193 Velours de Caprice, P,1495 Ooh-la-la is all you’ll be saying the moment you meet Velours de Caprice. This rich cranberry red dresses your lips just enough to make them look glamorous but not overdone. And when the formula fades, it leaves a lovely stain. Nobody does it like the French!
MORE LIPSTICK LISTS:
Just so you know, we share cookies